Do you know that those who are selling on Amazon have been seeing more than a 52% growth rate every year? It means for those who want to start selling on Amazon UAE, this is the right time as the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is quickly becoming a hub for businesses, and there has never been a better time to start selling on Amazon UAE.
With the introduction of e-commerce regulations in the region, it has become much easier to set up an online store on the platform. Due to its strategic geographical location, businesses have access to multiple markets such as the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
Not only this, Amazon also offers competitive shipping rates and a secure payment gateway which makes it an attractive option for those looking to enter the e-commerce market.
With more people now turning to online shopping due to Covid-19, now is certainly a great time for entrepreneurs who are keen on starting their own business in Amazon UAE.
If you are also interested in the potential of making money through Amazon UAE sales? If so, this article will guide you on how to set up an Amazon account in the UAE and the legalities behind obtaining a UAE e-commerce license, and how to sell on Amazon UAE.
The benefits you get if you sell on Amazon UAE
Selling on Amazon UAE offers numerous advantages for entrepreneurs.
- It is an online marketplace with a large customer base, providing excellent opportunities to reach new customers.
- Amazon UAE provides helpful tools and resources to make selling easier.
- With Amazon’s advanced fulfillment and logistics network, you can have products delivered quickly and efficiently to your customers at no extra cost.
- Amazon UAE’s marketing services help you reach more potential buyers by optimizing your presence on the platform so you can sell on Amazon UAE with profits.
- You can benefit from the simplified payment processing system that makes it easy to track and manage payments received from buyers.
- Amazon UAE has a reliable customer service team that will assist you in any way necessary while selling on the platform.
- You do not need to have your own premises to sell your products
- And with all this, Amazon.ae has teaching centers as well to help entrepreneurs to learn
All of these benefits make Amazon UAE an ideal choice for entrepreneurs who want to get their products on Amazon and want to sell on Amazon UAE.
How to start selling on Amazon UAE?
Here is everything you need t know about how to sell on Amazon UAE including all documents, the registration process for trade license, and other amazon UAE seller requirements.
Business Name to set up your amazon e-commerce business setup
To start the process of selling on amazon UAE is to choose a company name. The UAE government authority has some company name regulations that you’ll need to follow. Working with company formation consultants like Vigor can help you get things in the right direction.
The next step is to apply for your e-commerce license to sell on Amazon UAE. You have two options. Either go with a free zone license or a Dubai mainland business license. By the way, there are more benefits of opening an amazon account in a free zone such as customs tax exemption, zero currency restrictions, and overall more affordable.
If you work with a company setup agent, they will help you with streamlining the process of opening an amazon in the free zone as well as in the mainland. Register the company name along with the application form and passport copy.
Also read: How to get E-commerce License in Dubai: Definitive Guide
If you are non-UAE, then you need to have a UAE residency visa to open an amazon account in UAE and sell on Amazon UAE. To acquire a 3-year residency visa in Dubai, you need to undergo a blood test, fitness test, and chest x-ray test as this is the requirement of visa application.
For all Amazon shoppers who sell on amazon UAE, they need to keep a record of online sales revenue, they have to open a corporate bank account in Dubai, UAE. You need to do some research to find out which banks go with your business needs in Dubai.
Also read: Opening A Bank Account in Dubai
Dubai authority wants you to conform to their all legalities so your business to sell on Amazon UAE can get legalized. For that, you need to provide a valid billing address to show where you are residing. Amazon also needs this to validate its seller’s identity. Once it is approved only then you can sell on amazon.ae.
Correct phone number
When you apply for the application on amazon to sell on Amazon UAE, you need to provide a valid phone number of yours. So they can contact you for approval during the registration process.
Lastly, Amazon wants the seller to add your valid emirates ID along with the application form for identity verification and license approval.
How to open an Amazon seller account in the United Arab Emirates?
Opening an Amazon seller account is a relatively straightforward process. To sell on Amazon UAE, you’ll need to create listings for your items and determine how much you want to charge for them.
- First, visit the Amazon Seller Central Account website and click ‘Sign Up’. You will need to provide your name, address, and other contact information.
- After you’ve completed the registration form, you’ll be asked to enter personal information such as your bank account and credit card numbers for payment processing.
- Then upload all the required documents for your identity verifications.
- Then, you’ll need to set up a tax interview so that Amazon can collect sales taxes from customers.
- Once all of this is complete, your seller account will be ready to go.
And that’s all. After the submission, your account will be reviewed. The review time can be from one day to one week.
To sell on Amazon UAE
If you have taken a free zone, or mainland license and want to sell on amazon UAE, then follow the above-mentioned process and documents and get your account open within a few days. Then you can start to sell on amazon UAE and Dubai without any hassle and restriction from the comfort of your own decided premises.