Abu Dhabi’s Creative Visa
Abu Dhabi’s creative visa initiative was created to support individuals contributing to the cultural and creative industries in Abu Dhabi.
Talented people operating within certain fields across all domains within the cultural and creative industries can apply for the creative visa. These include media, publishing, performing arts, gaming, e-sports. design and crafts, visual arts, and heritage. This initiative aims to increase the employment rate in Abu Dhabi, ensure adequate residency opportunities while creating a boisterous creative atmosphere in the United Arab Emirates as the media, entertainment, publishing and literary sectors of the Emirate are dynamic and growing at a fast rate.
Professionals who are issued a residency visa in Abu Dhabi under the creative visa will find themselves in a global culture centre that features world-class museums, community and performing arts centres, art platforms and numerous centres for performing arts. Abu Dhabi focuses on its cultural heritage and avails an all-year-round calendar of programmes. These include traditional crafts and practices.
Entrepreneurs that intend to establish and launch their own creative businesses will find Abu-Dhabi a conducive and friendly environment with significant access to ideas, funding, and support for growing businesses and ventures.
What Are The Requirements For An Abu Dhabi Cultural Visa?
An individual intending to get an Abu Dhabi Cultural Visa has to meet at least five conditions from the mandatory criteria below:
These include theatrical performances, music performances, and dance performances.
- The applicant’s artistic career should be up to 10 years.
- They are required to own a successful and investment project which should be worth AED 2 million.
- They are required to have global awards for their work.
- They are required to have proven experience, achievements, and competence.
- They are required to have artistic activities that have been noticed by the media, the government, critics, and private institutions within the last 3 years.
These include story-writers, novel-writers, poets e.t.c.
- The applicant’s career must not be less than 10 years.
- They must be able to present literary production in their fields.
- They must have a minimum of 6 distinguished publications in their field.
- They must have clear and tangible creative contributions locally and abroad within the last 3 years.
- They are required to have literary activities that have been noticed by the media, the government, critics, and private institutions within the last 3 years.
These include people that make sculptures, calligraphy, handicraft, and photography.
- The applicant must have contributed to their field of specialization for at least 3 years.
- They are required to be recipients of an artistic award from accredited bodies or a medal of expression in the same field.
- They are mandated to possess advanced and recognized technical capabilities in their field of specialization.
- They must have boosted the creative economy through partnership or ownership or must have grants or scholarships with which they intend to start their work.
- They are required to be capable of producing tangible work in their fields.
To discover more details on compulsory and optional requirements for Dubai cultural visas, visit the official website.
What Are The Steps In Obtaining An Abu Dhabi Creative Visa?
- Apply for a creative visa.
- Submit the required documents.
- Copy of your passport and visa.
- Copy of your Emirates ID
- Your Resume
- Your contact number and email address
- These documents should be attached alongside your application.
- Notification by email or phone.
- Once you have submitted the required forms, you will receive a notification via your phone or email.
- Your permit will be issued
- You are required to follow up with the concerned entity to issue the long-term residence visa.
To know more about Abu Dhabi’s thriving cultural and creative scene and receive more information about the Creative Visa, register your interest here.