UAE Investor-Partner Visa
People from all over the world come to the UAE to seek investment opportunities or start their own businesses because it has a thriving economy and world-class business infrastructure. The UAE has a different visa category for such people called the investor or partner visa. The UAE investor visa is available to those who want to invest or start a company on the mainland or in one of the free zones. It’s worth noting, however, that the application process for a Dubai investor or partner visa differs depending on which emirate you’re applying in. Vigor Business Setup and Company Formation Services will go through the requirements for a Dubai investor visa, as well as the application fees and how our visa consultants can help you with visa in Dubai.
This visa, also recognized as the Dubai partner visa, is designed for foreigners who would like to start a new company or invest in an existing one in Dubai. The three-year Dubai investor visa allows the holder to work and live in the UAE, as well as sponsor families. This visa is only granted to individuals who own shares in an existing company worth a minimum of AED 72,000 or who are establishing a company with a capital investment worth the same amount under this business trade license, according to Dubai investor visa regulations.. Some of the basic documentations required if wish to get an investor visa Dubai or partner visa Dubai is as below:
- Passport copies from your country of origin
- Your passport size photograph with a white background is mandatory
- Your immigration card or establishment card which is issued once your mainland or freezone company is formed in the UAE.
- Your UAE Business trade license, it could be freezone or mainland company license.
- Bank statements within the last 3-6 months from the UAE Bank accounts.
- Your memorandum of understanding ( MOA) or MOU
- Documents in relations with your travel purpose and all associated documents.
These are the minimum documents required to get your investor visa in process from the Immigration department which is commonly known as General Directorate of Foreign Affairs. Our vigor business setup and company formation consultants will help you guide through the process from our visa experts in Dubai. Some of the basic costs which you will have to pay for includes entry permit within UAE, Change of status for your visa and then visa stamping on your passport as a requirement for visa in Dubai. However, other processes include and would cost you for things such as processing your Emirates ID, your medical test to deem fit to stay and work within UAE and basic documentation charges for immigration card and establish processes. However, with Vigor business setup consultants, we have established a one stop shop where all your requirements will be catered too.
Dubai too has introduced free zones or free trade zones to promote international investment and economic growth. These are special economic zones where businesses are excluded from taxes such as the Value-Added Tax (VAT) and foreign nationals own 100% of the company. People who invest in or create a free zone business in these specified areas are also able to pursue for the Dubai partner visa, which is sponsored by the free trade zone. Owners and investors of free zone firms, on the other hand, would have to go through a different procedure to apply for a Dubai investor visa. The approval process and cost can differ depending on the company’s location in a free zone, the nature of its market, and other factors. If you’re interested in learning more about the Dubai free zone investor visa, we suggest contacting Vigor Business Setup Consultants and we will advise you which is the relevant free zone and how the process can help you setup a company at a faster pace. Apart from the three-year investor visa, the UAE has recently launched long-term visas such as the ten-year investor visa in Dubai and the five-year real estate investor visa, among many others. Property owners and investors in the UAE have accepted these long-term visas, which will provide a greater sense of security to those who live here and wish to participate in the economic growth of this region. UAE has understood the importance of retaining smart talent and vigorously wants to attract foreign talent from all over the world to help stimulate economic growth in the UAE.
The two main categories of visa in UAE are as below which are recently introduced to attract long term investors:
10-year UAE long-term residence visa
If you have a specialized skill, you might be eligible for a UAE 10 year visa. If you are a doctor, an investor, a specialist, a scientist, or have a talent in the area of culture and art, for example. The 10-year visa for persons with specialized talents in the UAE is, however, subject to the following conditions:
- For scientists: You must be certified by the Emirates Scientists Council or hold a Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence.
- For artists: You must be certified by the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development.
- For inventors: You must have a patent of value (accredited by the Ministry of Economy), which is advantageous to the UAE’s economy.
- For doctors and specialists: You must fulfill at least one of the following conditions:
- You hold a PhD degree issued by one of the top 500 universities in the world
- You have a PhD degree and 10-year professional experience in your field
- You have an award or certificate of appreciation related to your field
- You are a member of an organization related to your field
- You have published articles or scientific books in renowned publications related to your field
- You have specialized in an area that’s of priority to the UAE
- For executives: You are the head of a leading and internationally recognized company
- For otherwise exceptional talents: You must have a scientific research that’s been published in a world-class journal or you must have a patent
5-year UAE long-term residence visa
If you fall into one of the following categories, you are eligible for a 5-year UAE long-term residency visa:
- You purchase a property in the United Arab Emirates (UAE Investor Visa also known as the Property Visa UAE)
- You are a business owner with a project that needs a minimum investment of AED 500,000.
- You are an exceptional student who possesses the following qualities:
- In a public or private secondary school, a minimum grade of 95 percent is needed.
- After graduation, you must have a GPA of at least 3.75 at a university within or outside the country.
Some of the common concerns and questions people have regarding investor visa is addressed as below: