Types Of Visas And Entry Permits
The UAE government issues various kinds of visas and entry permits according to the purpose of a person’s visit. Some of them include:
Multiple Entry Permits for all Nationalities
This type of visa is issued to citizens of all nationalities in a bid to facilitate the process for tourists and visitors. The five-year visa offers visitors the opportunity to enter the country on self-sponsorship and remain in the country for 90 days on each visit. This can be extended for another 90 days.
A business visa is a part of the Golden Visa system designed for foreign citizens to get a long-term visa for themselves and their dependents. The Golden Visa system aims to create a conducive environment for businesses and the United Arab Emirates’s economic growth. An eligible business person is anyone who has formed a business of his own at some point in his career and intends to set up another in the UAE. This means that professionals from other countries with entrepreneurial experience are qualified to apply for the UAE’s business visa.
How do I get a business visa?
To be able to get the business visa, you are required to:
- Be able to provide proof of your experience as an entrepreneur
- Have a business idea or a business plan that you wish to bring into effect in the UAE
- Be willing to reside in the UAE and legally set up a business in one of the seven emirates.
- Have been a majority shareholder of a start-up or a member of its directorship.
- Successfully pass the requirements of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. This includes a background check and health assessment.
It is important to note that qualifying for the business visa is not a guarantee that the applicant will get the visa. A committee specially assigned for this will review the application and all attached documents and will grant approval as they see fit. Once the approval is granted, the applicant will be required to abide by all the rules of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship in order for the visa to be issued.
This type of visa is issued to foreign students who are above 18 years and live in the United Arab Emirates. Students who demonstrate exemplary intelligence can get a long-term visa of 5 years. To qualify for the 5-year visa, the student must graduate with a minimum grade of 95% from a private or public secondary school or graduate with a distinctive minimum GPA of 3.75 from universities within and outside the country. The visa benefits will extend to the family members of the outstanding students.
What are the requirements for a Dubai student’s visa?
- The applicant must obtain an official admission letter from the university he is studying at.
- An older student is required to obtain a certificate of continuation of study
- A passed medical test
- A visa sponsor. This could be the university itself, a parent or a relative.
- Approval from the appropriate General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs(GDFRA) is required.
This type of Visa is for is obtained by tourists from around the world. Depending on the visa plan, a tourist visa to the UAE can last for 30 days or 90 days for single or multiple entries. This can be extended twice without having to leave the country.
What are the requirements for a Dubai tourist visa?
There are certain requirements that prospective visitors seeking a tourist visa must meet. They include:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
- A sponsor. The sponsor could be an Emirati citizen, a UAE-based airline, a hotel or tour agent based in UAE, a government entity, companies in the private sector or free zones, a foreigner with a valid residency permit in the UAE.
- Prospective visitors must have no history of deportation or ban in the UAE. A visa ban forbids a person from entering the country or taking a new job. In this case, the person is required to obtain special permission to re-enter.
Remote Work Visa
The remote work visa is a one-year visa that permits foreign citizens to enter the UAE under self-sponsorship while working in accordance with the rules and regulations issued with the visa. The visa offers entrepreneurs and talents the opportunity to innovate in the UAE’s safe and conducive business environment. It also provides access to all important services including world-class utilities and telecoms.
You can learn more about the various types of visas in the UAE here.