Tips To Avoid Labour And Visa Fraud
What are some tips to avoid labour and visa fraud in the UAE?
People who intend to enter the UAE for the purpose of work, visit, investment, residence or any legal purpose could be exposed to visa fraud but following these tips may help you avoid it:
- It is crucial to note that a visit or tourist visa does not give you the right to work in the United Arab Emirates. Working under a visit or a tourist visa will lead to your getting penalized and deported.
- If you are offered a job in the UAE by someone, you should receive an offer letter issued by the UAE’s Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MoHRE) from the person. You are also required to check the validity of such offers.
- The prospective employees/ candidates can check the job offer at the UAE embassy in their country. The job offer number can be used to verify the employer’s validity at the website of the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MoHRE).
- After you sign the offer letter, you should receive an employment visa from your employer to enter the UAE.
- Your employer who is also your sponsor is responsible for payment or recruitment expenses as stipulated by the UAE’s Labour Law.
- It is crucial to make sure that the company legally exists. To do this, you can search the company’s English and Arabic name in the National Economic register and get the details of the company.
- Get your enquiries replied by MoHRE by dialling the telephone number 0097168027666 or email them at [email protected] or chat service.
- If you have an entry visa permit/visa issued from Dubai, you can check its validity on the website of the General Directorate of Residency Affairs.
- If you have an entry permit/visa issued from Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah or Fujairah, you can verify its validity at the eChannels platform.
- A tourist visa is either issued by UAE-based airlines like Emirates, Etihad, Fly Dubai and Air Arabia or UAE-based hotels and travel agencies.
- Receive help on entry permits and visa issued from Dubai through the chat service of Amer.
- Discover more about the fees of visas and entry permits issued from Dubai through this website.
- Through the chat service of ICA, you can get more information on visas and entry permits issued from Abu-Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah.
- It is important to know that there is nothing like an independent employment visa. You are mandated to work for your employer/sponsor. Your employer may give you a permit to work for another employer as long as MoHRE approves it.
- Working under a visit or tourist visa may have you penalised or deported as these visas do not give you the right to work in the UAE.
- Lastly, it is important to note that a residence visa cannot be processed while the applicant is outside the UAE. This means that a residence visa can only be issued when the applicant is inside the country after getting in with an entry permit.