Dubai is well known for its sky-touching infrastructure, and beautiful places to visit and explore. But with that, Dubai also provides world-class business facilities to all entrepreneurs and business people from all around the world who want to open businesses like pest control.
The less explored business-like pest control requires skills but it can be an incredibly profitable opportunity in Dubai. We all are aware that flies, mosquitoes, and termites are threats to human health and spread diseases. In a city like Dubai where hygiene and a healthy lifestyle are the top priority of every single individual, providing services like pest control can be a booming business idea.
The global pest control market is estimated to be worth USD 26 billion by the end of 2025. So, stepping into this industry this year can give you an edge in starting out earlier than others.
If you really looking into setting up a pest control firm in Dubai, UAE, be with us. Here in this blog, we will cover everything you must know before applying for a pest control trade license in Dubai such as the required paperwork and prerequisite conditions. You can also contact us at Vigor corporate services, our consultants can walk you through the complete process of registration and business strategy.
What is a pest control business in Dubai?
Pest control helps in eliminating mice, mosquitoes, rats, rodents, and all other kinds of pests from homes, offices, and business enterprises. The pest control workers set systems where they use poison, seal-offs, or natural bait to control the infiltration. Due to many reasons, the pest can produce and multiply such as weather conditions, hygiene checks, and food usage.
The pest control examiners will first observe the place and then come up with an actionable plan to execute and eliminate the pest from the premises.
The requirements to set up a pest control business in Dubai?
Before establishing a pest control UAE business, here are the essentials you need to understand and do before starting the setup process.
- The engineer is required to have at least a four-year certificate or degree in agriculture, insect security, open assurance, or pesticide assurance with a one-year attachment in any open health pest control.
- The engineer also must have a valid international ID and visa as it is a primary condition to start a business here.
- The government officials will examine the records and upon asking the engineer may be requested to submit an authentication card.
- If all is done, the designer or chief has to apply for the test at Dubai Municipality (DM).
- You need to hire at least two technicians.
- It is will be the responsibility of the supervisor to give them in-house training. And once they are trained, they can appear in the DM (Dubai municipality) test.
Dubai municipality test for pest control license
- The test will be online and will be a written test.
- The applicant has to acquire minimum 70 marks to get passed and if they fail, they can reapply after one month.
- The test results are usually shared between 15 to 20 days.
- The Dubai municipality pest control officials will include your organization’s name in their approved list of documents if you fulfilled all the requirements.
- Remember that all chiefs and pest control specialists in the pest control sector require a visa application to start the pest control company formation in Dubai.
Apply for a license from the Dubai Municipality (DM) that authorizes you to provide pest control services in the city.
You must have adequate knowledge of the climate and environment of Dubai and its surroundings, as well as the necessary equipment and staff with experience in providing this type of service.
It is also necessary to develop an effective marketing strategy to ensure your business stands out from competitors and reaches potential customers.
With all these requirements met, you will be able to successfully set up and operate your own pest control business in Dubai.
Also read: Kiosk License in Dubai
The steps to register a pest control business in Dubai
Registering a pest control business in Dubai is an easy process if you take help from Vigor business setup consultants in Dubai who will look after all the aspects of business setup and registration of license. The steps for a pest control license in Dubai are:
Step 1: Trade name
Decide the trade name for your pest control business. The name shouldn’t be offensive or blasphemous and not be taken before by another business in Dubai.
Step 2: License application
Now apply for the trade license. The application you will submit to the department of economic development Dubai (DED). The following should be attached to the license application:
- The completely filled application form
- Passport copy of the business owner/s
- Colored passport-sized photo of the business owner/s.
Step 3: Dubai municipality approval
You also need to register with the Dubai Municipality (DM) and obtain approval from the Environmental Protection Department. You can get the approval along with NOC within 3 to 5 working days.
With the municipality’s non-objection certificate, now start preparing MOA.
After getting the license now follow these three requirements:
- Hire one engineer by following the above-mentioned process
- Hire two technicians
- And your pest control company in Dubai should have a minibus for operations.
Step 4: Visa
Everyone requires a visa to run a business and live in the UAE. With the right assistance, there are two types of visas you can apply for: residency visa or work visa. You can also sponsor visas for your family and employees. Of course, the number of visas you can sponsor depends on the scale of your business, its activity, and personal earnings.
After completing these steps successfully, you will be able to legally operate your pest control business setup in Dubai.
Final words on pest control businesses in Dubai
The pest control business in Dubai is a lucrative new business opportunity. All business people and households want pest control services to ensure good health and a hygienic lifestyle.
So, if you are wondering about setting up a pest control business in Dubai then remember that the licensing process of pest control is pretty transparent and if done properly – you can get your license approved within a few days.
When launching your business in Dubai, the smart action is to get in touch with Dubai company setup experts like Vigor corporate services. We can guide you from opening a corporate bank account to doing all the paperwork required for the license.